DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows Vista

Old 11-13-2007

cnn-shine is on a distinguished road
Default I need help Installing Vista for x64 system

okay well the thing is my computer came with Windows XP installed into my machine when i purchased it, and it also came with PC Angel software so restore of XP is easy. I was wondering if i can install Windows Vista and if i had any problems i could still use PC Angel to go back to my Windows XP, even though i used Windows Uprgrade Advisor it said i should have no problems at all running Vista Ultimate on my computer.

I have my computer specs here:

Manufacturer: eMachines
Model: T6410
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3200+
Memory: 896.00 Mb (on board video card 128 MB)
Hard Disk Drives: "C" - 132.98 GB Free (145.97 GB Total) <- Main
"D" - 30.86 GB Free (55.90 GB Total) <- Music
"E" - 865.57 MB Free (3.07 GB Total) <- PC Angel OS Recovery

any help / suggestions? thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 11-23-2007

PhoenixTechHelp2you is on a distinguished road
idea Re: I need help Installing Vista for x64 system

Hi. Have taken a quick look at the Nexlink and senacadata websites and this link from the senacadata website privides info and usage warnings. [url]http://www.senecadata.com/support/PC_angel/Nexlink_manual_0707.pdf[/url] Seems you will need to check with senacadata and or nexlink and or emachines to be sure, if noone else responds with actual hands-on experience with the senacadata recovery software. Generally, you and all PC and Mac users will do well to (1) export internet favorites (2) get and use one or several large capacity external "Firewire" (IEEE std 1394) or "USB 2.0 Highspeed" external storage disk drives, as well as possibly a good recovery or damage remediation software such as recovery or Norton/Symantec Ghost. Having placed onto the external drive your precious documents and pictures and perhaps downloaded music movies and software programs that you have proper rights to use and to reload if ever necessary, and saved these, along with the bookmark.htm and any .pab and .pst and .ost Outlook email and ANY other important documents and other important files you have created and will need safely kept, you will have safeguarded your information independent of any specific software recovery program. To this point you may have successfully relied up the Nexlink or Softhinks or Senecadata Recovery to safeguard your data, hopefully off to a separate external disk or onto a recovery DVD or CD-set. Relying upon a specific software application that does the whole job automatically, even safeguarding your PC application settings and preference settings is easy and can work well if the program is good and more-importantly, available throughout a series of years, and up through the versions of the operating System as revisions and releases occur.
So, review other posts looking for a hands-on experience, and see also [url]http://www.senecadata.com/support/PC_angel/Nexlink_manual_0707.pdf[/url] and or call the support number listed in that document: 8002273432. You worded your question clearly and I wish you the best in your endevour. Generally, for the upgrade, review your list of purchased and freeware software applications to be sure that what you do will be available to you on the new Vista Operation System. You are possibly an advanced user seeking just such an assurance regarding the recovery software you presently use. For Outlook e-mail guidance, to save and succussfully place onto your newly loaded PC the e-mail and e-mail address books you may use: [url]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829919[/url], found by googling outlook+address+pst+pab and finally I've also found at the Senecadata site [url]http://www.senecadata.com/tradeshows.aspx?id=51[/url] this info... Missy Maser, the Seneca Data Microsoft Alliance Manager: "You should have a DVD rewritable optical drive to create a backup of the operating system - Vista is large operating system and it would take 7-10 CDs." Also, "Will the Vista upgrade blow everything on the system XP pro system?"
"Data will not be lost when making a backup of the data. Clean install is better." ...PC ANGEL

Differences with Vista and what you’re currently using

Repair of master boot not included
Refresh of the OS
File and folder recovery not included in the vista recovery
PC Angel recovery (F8)
F10 will not pop up to remind you it is not F8
Will create ISO image for application and drivers for full recovery applications and drivers
System recovery
Full install of Vista will wipe everything out
Any applications can be reinstalled

And... "Important Note:
ISO image softthinks saves backups under the same name so save to different locations and rename it."
Old 12-13-2007

Alex Krenvalk is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I need help Installing Vista for x64 system

On as regards restore info there is a - [url=http://www.recoverytoolbox.com//outlook.html]outlook mail recovery[/url], may recover Outlook email and data from corrupted pst files larger than 2GB with the maximum size for *.pst files of 32TB, restore Outlook files and recover Outlook messages from corrupted *.ost files of Microsoft Exchange versions 5.0, 5.5, 2000, 2003, reads *.ost and *.pst files with strong encryption, program can be also used to recover information from Microsoft Exchange ost files and/or convert them into Microsoft Outlook pst files.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]