English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 3.x

Old 03-03-2004
Default modem installation

I have windows 3.11 for workgroups and I really like it becouse it loads in and sets up very quickly. Problem is that it does not see my modem and vidio display I have all the drivers just not sure how to install them
it seems the setup programs will not work in this version of windows is there a way to do it manualy [email][/email]
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2004
Default reply to modem +video inst.

holland 05-05-2004,

Hi there,

I hope u still need the help u requested.
I too still use win3.11WFW, for several reasons, 1 is no more virus treats.
problem is that there is no ?? firewall for win311, i am behind a router, but still like to have a 16 bit firewall.for fun and other reasons aswell

what i have done is . In the windows dir i have made a subdir command, there are all the files like mscdex, himem emm,ifshlp etc.

In the install dir i put all the prgrams needed to work with win311,like video, modem, network, internet etc.

In windows there is an icon setup, u must use that to install a video card,
use ur floppy, or go to a subdir on ur HD, and click on the file needed to
install,mostly its a setup.exe or an install.exe
but first backup ur system.ini and win.ini, name them .org.

When u install ur video, take first 640x400, and later to 600x800, low colors first, because if ur card cannot handle high colors u get a messy screen

about ur modem, i don't use 1, i have cable, u can try to use control panel
or just us the installation program which game with ure modem and use install.exe or setup.exe.

I hope it give u some help with ur win311, its not easy to give help from a distance. let me know,

Gr Frans email ......: [email][/email]
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]