DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 95

Old 01-09-2006
Milo

Default win 95 upgrade scsi problem

Hi. Not sure if this is the right place but I'll state my problem and hope for some advice.

I was was attempting to update from win95 to win98.Everything was fine untill near the end of the upgrade when the machine crashed. The machine failed to start again properly so I tried a win 98 startup disk but I couldn't get cd rom support so could't continue with the install. I realised that as the startup disk had not been created on that machine I would need the appropriate cd drivers, which, Ihave endeavoured to get. I think I have succeeded but have come unstuck over the complication that the machine is a SCSI. Can anyone point me in the right direction for advice on how to get the machine to read from the cd again so I can complete the update.

The cd drivers are for yamaha crw4260 and a panasonic cr-508. I have put these on the start up disk and made appropriate changes to the config.sys and autoexec.bat files. After running the boot disk the machine attempted to start the cd's but said that there was no response and that I should check the cables. I know everything is connected ok so I guess I must be making some fundemental mistake somewhere. All and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Milo
Sponsored Links

Old 01-10-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: win 95 upgrade scsi problem

What media are you making the bootdisk from?? floppy or CD-R?

What type of drives are the 2 you mentioned? If scsi how do you have them configured? Which one are you using as the boot drive? Do you have the pc bios set to boot from cd drive first?
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]