DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 95

Old 07-08-2005
Benjamin

Question Trouble with Win95 file transfer to WinXp Home Edition

I'm trying to transfer some old information from my old Lap top computer which is on Windows 95 to the new one which has WindowsXP Home Edition. Only problem is that neither of them support each other in a Direct Cable Connection (via Parallel Cable). WindowsXP requires the same compatable software as does the Win95. Anyone know where I can find Microsoft's "Direct Cable Connection Application" (ver. 4.10.0.1903) or offer me another solution?

PS - My Win95 OS - has NO CD-ROM drive, so Direct Cable is my only option... I tried a ZipDisk but most of what I want to copy is bigger than 100MGs.

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Benjamin

Replys my be sent to: [email]noemailaddys@allowed.com[/email] if you want.

Edit by mod: No double posting allowed. One post is adequate to get a response.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-09-2005
Constance

You may try creating multi-volume archives with the size of a Zip disk... most of archivers can do it.

By the way, forget the idea of using parallel or old serial port transfer for files larger than 100 MB, unless you are very, very patient... would take hours - and i'm not exagerating.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]