DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 12-17-2007

Premium Member

mwrmwr is on a distinguished road
Question Could 1 use DGTKit to preinstall USB key drvs

Hi,
I'm responsable for over 200 PCs in a large school. I am desperately trying to find a tool which could backup USB key drivers on 1 system and 'restore' them on all the others so I don't have to insert all known USB keys in all systems one after another! (Our users do NOT have administrator priviledges, so USB key drivers cannot install themselves the first time they are used).

I thought DG Toolkit might be a good possibility, allowing save and restore. But it appears one can only save installed drivers (as opposed to phantom drivers, not active because the hardware is not present), so previously installed USB key drivers cannot be backed up/restored w/o physically inserting the proper USB hardware.

My idea was for all users to insert their key into a specifically dedicated PC where they have administrator priviledges, let their keys all be recognized and the corresponding drivers initialized into the system and then harvest the driver crop from time to time and redistribute it to all the other systems.

Do you know of any method or system to provide this ?

Thanks

Marc, from France

Last edited by mwrmwr : 12-17-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Sponsored Links

Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]