DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 07-26-2004

Exclamation complainting users

To all complainting users much better to say return the old site. Then saying stupid words which by the way you are the one that is stupid because you are still use these site.
Sponsored Links

Old 05-09-2005
Unregistered

Thumbs up True Story

I like the old site better too. Here is an easy way to solve the problem dial up users have. Have a site with graphics and one with out. That would satisfy alot of people. P-|
Old 01-07-2006
Unregistered

idea Re: driverguide.com new & improved?

Hello there! Lighten up guys. When it is free to search a database & download the driver without a single penny, then SHUT YOUR MOUTH UP!!!!
To hell who said the previous site better.
When the time to changed, we live with it & move on. Life are moving not static. Although I did agree with them & feel a bit annoyed with those ads & whatever the cause, but for me, at least I got something from this site. Unless you donate or contribute something that can take out the ads or whatever annoying things, JUST SHUT UP! Besides, DG did said that they were still on progress. Any clock thicking here?? It means, that they are still working on all the errors & whatsoever.

I am not with DG nor others. I am just neutral but this is my opinion that I think I should share this with all.

Thanks. Have a nice day & may god bless us all
Old 12-04-2006

Clypto is on a distinguished road
Default Re: driverguide.com new & improved?

Meh, it isnt so free anymore is it. Guess that will shut you up for awhile.
Old 01-11-2007

grunta is on a distinguished road

Nice one Clypto, I totally agree. I signed up with driverguide about 6 and a half years ago and I can tell you there were no ads, no offers that I had to wade through, no confirmation crap or sophisticated searching crap I had to barge through to get what I really needed. I had to go through the whole signup process again, deal with the offers bullsh*@t and finallly get my activation code....only to find MORE advertising before I could even log in. Then I had to familiarise myself with some bs search layout, only to find a tiny search box in the top right corner of the page that would have saved me a crap load more time than having to go through the in-your-face search options that were presented.

Then, to make matters worse this happens to me...Read below and you'll see what I wrote to their feedback department:

Hi,

I just got informed that I exceeded my weekly download limit. I am on a 56k connection and downloaded only two complete files!! I tried a number of times to download the same file but it kept stopping short of the full file. This happened for 3 different files so I started the downloads again. I have been a user of this site for around 6 years and this is the first time I have been informed of this restriction. I have seen this site change from a site simply to help others out and create a helpful community to a highly commercial oriented, frustrating-to-register site.

I would very much appreciate my download stats to be reset and for you to review your process and tracking methods to include ONLY downloads that fully complete in order for them to count towards the download limit.

I am now forced to find another driver site that will accommodate my needs as I am on a tight deadline to have this laptop repaired for a friend - free of charge I might add.

Grant................................

Now Im sure that with the amount of advertising that is on this site, together with the google adsense stuff that is on here, that someone is making a tidy little profit. Now they're adding a download limit (I only TRIED to download 6 different drivers) and you have to PAY if you want any more than that.

I dont see where all the extra "expense" has come from for this site to change so dramatically and present us with a virtual advertising site.
Well said Crypto, they ARE asking us to pay now - while using free GNU licensed forum software, live chat software, free ad generation scripts and free mail forms. These extra features cost nothing, aside from a little extra disk space yet we are expected to pay though visiting advertisers, upgraded membership (if you want to download more than 6 drivers a week), while asking us, the community, to upload more and more drivers making their site more profitable (since it drives more traffic to the site though search engines).

BRING BACK THE ORGINAL DRIVERGUIDE!!!

P.S....Yeah Ive said a lot, Ive opened myself up for criticism but hey, Im seriously pissed after what has just happened to me tonight. So anyone who wants to have a go, bring it on. Hopefully it will get some people thinking.....
Old 01-11-2007

grunta is on a distinguished road

See!!! They even make money from my posts!!! just look at all the underlines through the posts!!

I might also add that I requested my password to be reset and after finding the confirmation in my email, clicked the link, got a confirmation from the site that my password had been changed then I tried to login only to be told my password was incorrect!!!

Pissed me off even more!!
Old 09-12-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Mozilla Firefox browser doesn't show those hyper-links. Internet Explorer does. I suppose Mozilla Firefox has default settings that prevent those hyper-links from appearing.

I will notify administration of these complaints today. They are valid complaints and I don't blame anyone for wanting back the old driverguide.com. That would make my job much easier too.

Perhaps administration will provide the answers. Let's all hope so.

regards

Note: Since PM has been disabled, it's difficult to contact anyone. If you wish to post your email address, I will allow it temporarily until this situation has been resolved.

Last edited by Jerry K : 09-12-2007 at 09:14 AM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]