DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 11-02-2003
Cyrus Ravage

Thumbs up driverguide.com new & improved?

They should have left driverguide.com the way it was. They’ve totally messed it up - the site sucks now. With “the new site”, I have to log-in everytime (you can no longer save your log & pass). Searching now takes ten times longer (since they’ve insisted on putting silly little modem pictures & similar graphics all over the page) rendering the site nearly unusable for dial-up modem users (the old search was simply fine & should have been left alone). Oh, and the search engine no longer works correctly (try searching for "6320m" & you’ll end up with 500 results – the maximum allowed – and "6320m" won’t be on the page anywhere! It’s pathetic! They’ve taken the best driver site on the internet & mangled it into barely usable crap. The old adage holds so very true, people: IF IT AIN’T BROKEN – DON’T FIX IT!!!!
Please, site-revampers, go back to where you came from & restore the old HTML for driverguide.com…
-Cyrus Ravage
Sponsored Links

Old 11-25-2003
i agree

i agree. this site is much worse. i cant see how its been improved in any way. sorry, but in my opinion the old site was loads better.
Old 12-11-2003
br1ght

Question Can we still access the old site?

I Agree the new 'improved' setup stinks. I've been using the old site for almost since the beginning and it was *much* better.

What are odds that the old site still lingers? Does anyone have URL to it???
Old 02-14-2004
chuck

If it's free then it'sfor me. A greatttttt! site
Old 04-09-2004
electek

Default A little patience goes a long way

Good grief guys, how much money are YOU spending on this site to keep it going? Take it easy on these guys. Keep it up and then you'll loose them all together. Then you'll have to go to the suck windrivers site and pay!!

I agree, the site is not what it used to be. But they are trying to make everyone happy. Don't , it doesn't solve the problem. How about sending them money, or even some constructive solutions. Gimme, gimme, gimme, gimme will just suck the life out of this site.

THEN Where will you go???
Old 04-09-2004
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Well spoken, electek....
Old 05-04-2004
Out smart it!

Thumbs up (try searching for "6320m" & you’ll end up with 500 results – the maximum allowed – a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus Ravage
They should have left driverguide.com the way it was. They’ve totally messed it up - the site sucks now. With “the new site”, I have to log-in everytime (you can no longer save your log & pass). Searching now takes ten times longer (since they’ve insisted on putting silly little modem pictures & similar graphics all over the page) rendering the site nearly unusable for dial-up modem users (the old search was simply fine & should have been left alone). Oh, and the search engine no longer works correctly (try searching for "6320m" & you’ll end up with 500 results – the maximum allowed – and "6320m" won’t be on the page anywhere! It’s pathetic! They’ve taken the best driver site on the internet & mangled it into barely usable crap. The old adage holds so very true, people: IF IT AIN’T BROKEN – DON’T FIX IT!!!!
Please, site-revampers, go back to where you came from & restore the old HTML for driverguide.com…
-Cyrus Ravage
I have Used DG for years and had no Probs. And for the pics on this site, to remain free they have to put up adds somewhere. It is whinners like you that ruin things for us. If you DONT like the way it works stay off the site. Or better yet pay for a sub. to one of the other sites. I am not one to bad mouth but you whiners chap my a##. One last thing This Site ROCKS!!
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]