DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 95

Old 09-15-2004
Unregistered

idea How to get rid of program manager

I went onto program manager, and i dont know how to get back to regular windows. Can someone tell me how to switch back.
Sponsored Links

Old 09-15-2004
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea How????

You went onto program manager how??? using what? I've never heard of program manager in a Windows os. Please state what os and how you accomplished this feat.
Old 09-16-2004
peter

Thumbs up

I thought you would have remembered this one Jerry

(we silver surfers have some use)

Program manager is in win 95 it’s the old version from win 3.11 days. ( Progman )
A window with lots of other windows inside for different categories,

Open program manager max to full screen
Top tool bar click on WINDOW click CASCADE
Look for one headed PROGRAMS you will have to minimise each one at time to get to it.
When you have the one headed PROGRAMS you will see the WINDOWS EXPLORER icon
Double click this then minimise windows explorer.

Go back to the top toolbar click OPTIONS make sure SAVE ON EXIT has been ticked
Then FILE EXIT, this will close program manager and leave you with windows explorer minimised, all you have to do then is maximise explorer and you are back to normal.

Tip
Do a short cut to windows explorer on the desk top.

Peter
Old 09-17-2004
damien (question)

i thought that the w3.11 program shell was ONLY available if you did a w3.11 upgrade to w95. and was not available on a clean w95 install?

[url]http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=http://support.microsoft.com:80/support/kb/articles/q119/9/41.asp&NoWebContent=1[/url]

or was this feature not available on later builds of 95 such as w95b or the osr2 release?
Old 09-20-2004
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea This IS a technical forum....

so let's get technical for awhile...

Windows 3.x is not an operating system. For silver users this shouldn't be too difficult to remember... it's only a graphical interface for dos. Correct?

I stated I had never seen Program Manager in any Windows os... I still stand behind that statement.

True, if you did a Windows 3.x to Windows 95 update you might see the old program still remaining. But why spend time talking about an old program that basically has no real purpose in any modern Windows os... it has been replaced by Windows Explorer.

My reply to the poster was a simple attempt at getting him to provide some information... nothing more, nothing less. I knew but I don't think he did. Sometimes we don't state everything we know (or imagine)...what would be the purpose and who would really care anyway?

and damien... I agree with your statement 100%
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]