DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 07-06-2007

Premium Member

howardk is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DriverGuide Toolkit Won't Load??

I am trying to run the Tookit on a WIN2000 computer and when I launch the app I don't ever see the Login screen or the DRiverGuide Toolkit app window. Works fine on my XP system at work. I had no idea that if I paid my $19.95 registration fee and installed it on WIN 2000 it would not work (I know dumb on my part for not trying the free version first at home).

Anyway it looks like it is running because the drvgdtk2.exe process is eating 100% of my CPU (per Task Manager and Process Explorer). So it's there doing something but I never see it. On XP it loads in just a few seconds. On my WIN 2000 I see nothing and it just devours the CPU.

I have sent three notes to support in the past 3 days and no one has given me the courtesy of a response other than the email bot telling me they got my email. Anyone have any ideas (aside from the obvious of reporting them for taking my money)? And it is plain not right having to pay for support for something I just purchased to find out why it is not working.

Thanks
Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DriverGuide Toolkit Won't Load??

We do have a driverguide toolkit faq. You might try reading it to see if your questions are answered there: [url]http://www.driverguidetoolkit.com/wiki/index.php?p=DgTkFaq[/url]
Old 07-08-2007

Premium Member

howardk is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Re: DriverGuide Toolkit Won't Load??

No the FAQ does not have any information on this problem - That is the first place I looked. And now it has been 5 or 6 days since I first sent in a note about this problem and Driver Guide Support still has not acknowledged my emails. I think this whole site is a scam no one paying attention to the user communinty and stupid me I gave them money.
Old 07-08-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DriverGuide Toolkit Won't Load??

Well, you didn't say that in your first post so how would I have a clue. I'm only a moderator, I don't have access to any further info or any email links to do any a$$-eating (and I'm not furnishing any for you to eat so....), be patient. Personally I would never be a sucker for such crap..... Why would anyone pay $19.95 for something that's free all over the net? My computer runs just fine WITHOUT it. Ask for your money back.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]