DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 12-20-2006

PizzedOff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: E-mail Spam

I agree with the first post. I have a virtual domain, so I make up fake email addresses for every service I sign up for. I signed up here using [email]dguide@my.domain[/email] (meaning Driver Guide, duh.), and I started receiving SPAM to that address. This address is not published anywhere, only Driver Guide has it. Driver Guide is not to be trusted.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2007

dg are spammers is on a distinguished road

Yep, I signed up using [email]driverguide@my.domain[/email] too and have also started receiving spam to that address.

The best thing about having separate emails for each service is that it shows who sells email addresses to spammers, as it has here, and it is also easy to block all mail to that address. Consider it blocked.

Sort it out driver guide guys.
Old 06-16-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: E-mail Spam

Ok members you may be right. But to find out who's responsible we need to know which options you chose when you signed up. We will need to advise the advertising partner. It would help if we could figure out which offers the users who experienced this problem had opted into, ie: Aptimus or other?

Each member who signs up needs to let us know which advertising partner is betraying driverguide.com and it's members. Once we have adequate info, then we can get it stopped. Please post your info in this thread.

Sorry folks, I too am a victim of approx. 200-250 spam emails per day so don't feel like your the only one.

Jerry K

Last edited by Jerry K : 06-16-2007 at 11:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2008

johnnyboy187 is on a distinguished road

I am also a new user and well and behold i got 11 spam emails instantly to my brand new hotmail i made for this to get my driver. Sad service indeed. I will not be coming back
Old 03-22-2009

Premium Member

Artie is on a distinguished road

In re: spam & DG service, heres a tip, Become a member, pay a yearly fee, it makes EVERYTHING faster, easier, and after a decade of being a freebee moocher, I learned that anything I need is quickly sent to my HD if so desired.
I have never had any DG spam sent to my mailbox, inbox, but I also have spam sorter activated, but theres nothing in it !? And NO, I did NOT choose any of the sponsers offers when I decided to pay for a DG membership, after all, Im paying DG now...Obviously, if you select to be informed about a product, offer, you will be informed !! In any case, DG remains the top dog when it comes to finding hardware drivers for legecy computers. After Vobis de BBS went belly up, besides gettin lucky at a FTP site, here is where your going to end up anyway, all roads lead to DG....give them credit, or your credit card number...:>)
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]