DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Software Forums > Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and other nasties

Old 06-05-2013

Perigorn is on a distinguished road
Exclamation WTF is going on here D.G?

For YEARS I've been using the D.G. site, mainly though in the days when Windows 98 service pack one was around. BUT from time to time I use the site to get hard-to-find drivers for old devices, etc.

Today I downloaded a WLAN network driver from the Atheros Qualcomm section and after downloading the file(s) it changed my Chrome browser startpage, newtab setting, and search engine to AVG! WTF!!! This is hijacking pure and simple and if this site sponsors it through AVG hijacks then I'm calling you guys out!

You can't sit there and say that your files are "scanned vigorously by top notch anti-=virus programs" and then have AVG or other companies hiack peoples browsers. Now before you say I'm imaging things or I'm wrong, etc. keep in mind that I've been doing computer IT work since 1990. So I can saay with certainty whre this hiack come from, especially when it happens THE SECOND the download finishes, etc.

for shame DG, for shame!!!!

Sponsored Links

Old 10-21-2013

Centretek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WTF is going on here D.G?

I made the unfortunate error of using your crap downloader. Not only did the file jam up and not come through, but the ****ing thing filled my computer wih spam **** that took me 3 hopurs to get rid of. Despite all my efforts, my browsers are still trying to default to QV06 search engine.
Now I am having to Fdisk the HDD and start again.
Well **** YOU very much!
Your site is now on my malware BLACKLIST.
I hope you all expire from pernicious boils.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]