DriverGuide
English PortuguÍs EspaŮol Deutsch FranÁais 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Software Forums > Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and other nasties

Old 04-12-2013

Helen2 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down Infected by malware

I have dowloaded the Creative webcam driver WCNP_PCDrv_US_1_03_03_0326.exe from your website and it contained some malware which I'm struggling to remove from my system. I'm getting a lot of unimated adware, which is covering up the contents of websites I'm visiting, including my own. Also, some words have (highlighted) links on them,
which reveal pop-ups upon placing the cursor on them.
I have run a few anti-malware programs, e.g. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Eset online scanner, Microsoft Safety Scanner, etc, which removed a few threats, but have not resolved the problem. I wonder if you are aware of the issue and if you could suggest how to resolve it, please.
Sponsored Links

Old 04-12-2013
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Infected by malware

The problem is not with your pc. These links are placed in a thread by our system. There's no way to get rid of them... just avoid putting your mouse on them and don't click on them. If you want to help generate funds for this website to exist, I recommend just clicking on them.... you don't have to accept the offer.... just exit out using the X link at the top right of the ad.

Last edited by Jerry K : 03-07-2016 at 04:27 AM.
Old 06-20-2015

ChrisBedford is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infected by malware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry K
The problem is not with your pc. These links are placed in a thread by our system. There's no way to get rid of them... just avoid putting your mouse on them and don't click on them. If you want to help generate funds for this website to exist, I recommend just clicking on them.... you don't have to accept the offer.... just exist out using the X link at the top right of the ad.

Oh, that's all right then. Search hijackers, unwanted pop-ups, adware, and ransomware are cool, "just live with it"???

Here's news for you, Jerry: it's (at best) extremely annoying to put up with those unwanted, uninvited and definitely unwelcome programs. Worse, how do we know they don't have hidden malware effects like tracking, spying, or worse?

It takes on average a couple of hours to remove the crapware you so casually recommend this unsuspecting user should just "not mouse over". Seriously? I'll bet you've never had to live with that kind of irritation for any length of time, or you wouldn't be so cavalier about it.

Really, being in cahoots with that kind of advertiser makes you no better than scum-sucking bottom-dwellers like spammers and street pimps. I'm shocked that you can so casually spread that ****.
Old 03-07-2016
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Infected by malware

Chris, It's surprising that you would even visit this site. If I had all those troubles with this site, I'd just stay away.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]