DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP

Old 07-29-2012

nottirbnewo is on a distinguished road
Default Search Box keeps popping up ???

Search Results Box keeps popping up ???

Recently programmed a computer with Win XP Pro suddenly Window searxh window repeatedly pops up. Right vbottom on mouse pad makes it disappear but then it pops up again. I can suppress it to the blue menu bar but Search Results Bar keeps flashing.

Virus ?? or is something going in the mouse pad ???
Sponsored Links

Old 07-31-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Search Box keeps popping up ???

I don't know what this sentence means: "Right vbottom on mouse pad makes it disappear". Do you have an English translation? My "mouse pad" has no bearing on what happens with my computer and how it operates. It's just a piece of foam with a cloth top so how could the mouse pad have any effect on the pc?

You will need to check all the INI files and "run=" registry entries as well as the Start Menu to see what's calling up the Search box.

Don't you have anti-malware software installed? If you don't, you need to get some. It's pure computer neglect to not have such software installed and updated.
Old 08-03-2012

nottirbnewo is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Search Box keeps popping up ???

ok maybe I'm using the wrong words... I'm referring to the item on a laptop taking the place of a mouse. He has AVG installed and has tried several scans ... nothing shows up.

vbutton was a typo for button
Old 08-03-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Search Box keeps popping up ???

how about using some anti-malware software like Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? It will usually find nasties that AV software fails to detect.

And I suppose the answer is yes, a notebook contains a "mouse pad" but it's much different than a mouse pad for a desktop computer/mouse.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]