DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Software Forums > Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and other nasties

Old 11-28-2011

Boxleitner is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Can't uninstall Driverscan 2012

When I try to from the control panel, it gives me: "You do not have sufficient access to do that. Please contact your system administrator."

This is my personal computer and I only have this log in for my windows vista!

Re-running the install does not allow uninstall.

What do i do please? I longer want this program on my computer!

Thank you.

-B
Sponsored Links

Old 11-28-2011
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Help! Can't uninstall Driverscan 2012

HUH???? DriverScan 2012 is not a program that's installed... it's simply an EXE file that runs when double-clicked. There is nothing to uninstall because nothing has been installed.
Old 12-01-2011

Default Re: Help! Can't uninstall Driverscan 2012

Jerry, I clearly see Driverscan 2012 in the Control Panel add and remove program list.
Old 12-01-2011
Super Moderator

Then something has changed as the free trial version was never an install program, only a exe file that run the program when double-clicked.

Perhaps driverguide.com administration has replaced the free trial version with a version that must be paid for. If it can't be removed with ADD/Remove Programs in Control Panel and does not have an "uninstall" program, then manual deletion is the only way to get it off your computer. Simply deleting the program folder will not do the job... in addition you must scan the registry for remnants of the program and check all INI files for any reference to it, then remove both manually along with any files written to the Windows\System32 folder.

I will ask administration tonight and try to update this post tomorrow morning with any additional info. I did find out on my own that they did change it... it will still scan freely but to download any files you have to pay. More info later tonight or in the morning.

Last edited by Jerry K : 12-01-2011 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2011

Default Re: Help! Can't uninstall Driverscan 2012

Thanks Jerry.

By the way, one of the updates it downloaded for me contained a trojan. That immediately put me off, and i tried to uninstall.

Also the updates i'd download didnt cause Driverscan to notice the new software, prompting me to install the same new drivers again.

I AM talking about Driverscan 2012.
Old 12-01-2011

Trader is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Help! Can't uninstall Driverscan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxleitner
Thanks Jerry.

By the way, one of the updates it downloaded for me contained a trojan. That immediately put me off, and i tried to uninstall.

Also the updates i'd download didnt cause Driverscan to notice the new software, prompting me to install the same new drivers again.

I AM talking about Driverscan 2012.

Firstly, you need to remove the trojan(s) from your computer.
Then, why not try 'System Restore' back to before you installed Driverscan?
Unfortunately, if the Trojan is stopping you from uninstalling this program, I suspect that it will also prevent you from restoring the system as well.
Old 12-01-2011
Super Moderator

1st. let's address the trojan. There are no files on driverguide.com that are infected. We use a very high quality anti-malware program to check all files that are uploaded. If they are infected, they are not allowed to be uploaded. Your anti-nasty program is giving you a false positive.

It sounds like you didn't give yourself full read/write/delete rights. Try signing in as Administrator and see if you can uninstall the program. Or go into user accounts and assigned yourself full administrator rights.

Administration says they are going to publish a "how to" soon showing how to manually remove the program. They say a normal uninstall will work but you must have the same rights as an administrator to do so. They didn't mention a program to uninstall driverscan 2012... I suppose because it can be uninstalled normally using the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control Panel.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]