DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Software Forums > Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and other nasties

Old 02-15-2008

burgangray is on a distinguished road
Default What is happening.

Hi. Strange things happening on my pc, if i leave my pc idle,with just my desktop on, suddenly applications start on their own like the calculator pops on the screen, or my widows search programm appears, also while i am typing this thread, letters that i definately did not type, will appear in the text. I have also noticed that my sound system keeps being muted. I have several antispyware and antivirus programms installed, but none of them seem to find anything that could be causing this problem. Do you think it is something more sinister? Thanks Graham.
Sponsored Links

Old 02-15-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is happening.

Your antispyware and antivirus programms are not doing the job. Try others as there are many that are free and don't cost anything to obtain and use.

There is a thread by me (listed in this forum) that list many online scanners and other prevention aids.

Last edited by Jerry K : 02-15-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-15-2008

Hi, Thanks for taking the time, I have got many anti spyware progs including, AVG7.5 Bit Defender Adware 2007,and Avira Anti vir,all are updated daily [ the calculator has just popped up on my pc] sorry, I am at a loss, as to know what to do next. Thanks Graham.
Old 02-15-2008

Red_Dawg is on a distinguished road

Programs don't usually open on their own, something has to be opening them. If none of your anti spyware or virus programs are picking up anything it might be time to seek expert help. There is no easy fix without knowing what is causing the problem in the first place. Take your tower into a local place that specializes in virus and spyware removal. Or backup all important data and format your HDD and reinstall your OS if you don't want to go the expense of taking it in for repair. If you go the re-install route check your Device Manager first and make sure you have ALL your drivers before you format. Just in case Windows doesn't install the drivers for you.

Last edited by Red_Dawg : 02-15-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Old 02-15-2008

Hi Red Dawg, Thanks for that, worth thinking about. Graham.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]