DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Software Forums > Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and other nasties

Old 11-02-2006

jaymaxxz is on a distinguished road
Default virus

I have this problem,I using norton antivirus when virus detect in my computer,the norton antivirus delete the virus,but when I scan again it detect a same virus that has been deleted . Second problem is my windows registry Had been infected by virus,I tried to delete it manually and also use other antivirus software but it cannot be deleted because it in system registry.. Could anyone help me???
Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: virus

Files that are in use cannot always be deleted. Start your pc in Safe Mode by tapping the F8 key during bootup....opps, you didn't state what os your using. Assuming it's XP, choose Safe Mode.... be sure your anti-virus program(s) are updated with the latest DAT files from their provider. Then run a total scan and choose delete any files that are infected. If that doesn't work try some of the online free scanners listed in other thread in this section.

You may also need Ad-Aware SE Personal and Spybot 1.4 (also listed in other threads in this anti-virus section). These remove Adware and other threats from your pc. If you have one, then chances are you have all.

How did your pc get infected if you have Norton AV installed? Can't happen unless you failed to keep it updated or do not have it installed properly.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]