DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP

Old 09-28-2006

jaymaxxz is on a distinguished road
Default lost computer password

I have lost my computer password.Who can I recovery my password ,i am using windows Xp?
Sponsored Links

Old 09-29-2006

spamme is on a distinguished road
Default Re: lost computer password

ERD commander by wininternals. $1000.
No joke.
Otherwise: no chance AFAIK !
Old 09-29-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: lost computer password

Microsoft will help you for a small fee if you can prove to them your the legal owner of the machine. That's why they created the os that way...eg: to prevent a stolen machine from being used (as well for several other security reasons).
Old 10-10-2006

grauziitisos is on a distinguished road

There is a way if you have installed xp by yourself (aka you haven't changet built-in administrators' password)- start computer in safe mode and built-in administrator will show up.
Old 10-10-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by grauziitisos
There is a way if you have installed xp by yourself (aka you haven't changet built-in administrators' password)- start computer in safe mode and built-in administrator will show up.

And what do you type in when it prompts you for the password?
Old 10-10-2006

bobmcgann is on a distinguished road

Here is a site with interesting XP tools....password recovery tool being one of them. Good luck

[url]http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm[/url]
Old 10-16-2006

Killah Tay is on a distinguished road

Ok first of all XP really isn't all that hard to crack due to the lack in effort on it's behalf soo I want you to reboot your system as it is booting and finishing the extended memory test I want you to depress the F8 key until you see a black screen and that screen will have MANY different options for you on how you would like your system to boot...... At this point I would like for you to select the option that says "Boot in Safe Mode". Not the safe mode with command prompt or safe mode with networking but JUST "SAFE MODE". When windows boots it will either give you a screen with Screen Namez and Icons or it will be your classic screen where you have to type in the User Name and password. If this is the case I want you to type Administrator and leave the password field BLANK. Click "OK" . For the common computer user this will work and then you can go into the control pannel and users and change the password as you feel the need. However if you are an ADVANCED user this is also a simple task however for this trick I want you to email me with the correct answer to this question "What happens what you build a NEW pc that say is a Intel Celeron 500/466 MHz and you place a 700/650 MHz processor chip in it? Answer that correctly and I will tell you how to get past tha Administrator password if you have changed it and forgotten it. Msg me on my myspace page @ [url]no_personal_info_allowed[/url] ALSO are you a TECH? I'm always up for tech talk and makin new friends! ~Ciao, Tay

edit by mod: left click a user name, click "Send this member a personal message"
Sorry, this feature is currently turned off by administration to help speed up the site and to stop the server is too busy error message. Perhaps it will be back up and running ok shortly.

Last edited by Jerry K : 10-16-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]