DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP

Old 06-10-2004
Matt

Don: Thank you so much for posting that info. It worked great to fix my windows XP install. I was having a terrible day, and you made it a lot better... thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links

Old 06-10-2004
Unregistered

IF YOU NEED BOOT/SETUP DISKS FOR XP OR OTHER WINDOWS OS

DOS - Windows 9X/Me/NT/2K/XP BOOTDISKS/SETUP DISKS

[url]http://www.bootdisk.com/[/url]
Old 06-11-2004
Unregistered

Default XP PRO windows\system32\config\system

I tried both of the solutios in "hard way" and all I get is a black screen on boot. What's next?
Old 06-11-2004
Unregistered

Default "The file could not be copied"

I attempt to copy the system folder, but am receiving an error that the file can not be copied. I try to browse the c:\windows\system32\config\system folder, but I get the same message, the file could not be copied.

Any ideas?
Old 06-12-2004
Unregistered

Default don u da man

im a music producer, and while i had no data on my system drive, it had all my prefs for various apps setup. this crash just happened to me now, and google, and u my friend, have just saved my in life. u rule thanks a lot
Old 06-15-2004
Unregistered

Default Try adjusting your BIOS

I have been experincing this problem for about 3 days now and have had limited success resolving the issue. I am beginning to suspect that we are dealing w/ a VIA chipset issue. Here are a couple of suggestions that I have gotten, but have yet to try...

Disable the OnBoard LAN Boot ROM in your BIOS.

and/or

Manually lower your FSB speed until the issue dissapears.

Don't yet know if either of these work but it certainly can't hurt to try...especially if you are unable to use recovery console.
Old 06-18-2004
Unregistered

Default I just finished with this problem but now I have another one.

I was having this problem, but I fixed it by reformatting. Now I have this message pop up..its not so much a bad thing, but it's REALLY annoying..and I do not know what it might cause in the future. The message is: "The file or directory C:\WINDOWS\system32 is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the chkdsk utility." It pretty much happens any time I open an internet explorer window or a picture or certain programs.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]