DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > Printer / Plotter / Multi-Office Request Board

Old 12-28-2011

Marki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

I was not able to find the driver file too but I found the driver in the driver selection dialog of windows. It appears if you use the Windows Update button in the driver selection dialog.

Short description of my solution:
Shared the printer as expained by VTSteve.
Made a small script, that connects the shared printer to lpt1:

@echo off
echo Make sure that the virtual machine with the printer share is already running and the usb-printer is assigned to this machine!
pause
net use lpt1 /del
NET USE lpt1 \\VirtualXP-56538\hpLaserJ1000DOS /Persistent:No

Execute the script, then add a new local printer, that uses lpt1 and the hp laserjet 1100 driver. As already stated, you need to press windows update once to see the correct driver. (At least this was the case for me)

Printing works after these changes.

The big downside of this solution is, that you have to start the virtual machine first, connect the printer to the virtual machine and reconnect lpt1.

I hope someone can provide a better solution.

BRs,
Marki
Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2011

Marki is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: Hewlett Packard (HP) HP Laserjet 1000 Series (Windows XP Professional x64) [USB]

Just found a improved solution myself.

Connect lpt1 in the virtual machine to the shared laserjet 1000 DOS.
Example (in a command prompt): net use lpt1 \\MyVirtualXP\hpLaserJ1000

Then install a new printer ("HP LaserJet 1100 (MS)") that uses lpt 1. Share this printer and connect your Windows 7 64 bit to the shared Laserjet 1100. It will install the correct driver and printing works when the virtual machine is running and the usb-printer is assigned to the virtual machine.

You don't need any additional script for reconnecting lpt1 with this solution.

BRs,
Matthias
Old 01-28-2015

naveenraj is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how I can get a driver for my HP laserjet 1100 printer?
I have tried numerous ways to find it but none of them were successful.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]