DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Driver Request Forums > CD / DVD Request Board

Old 04-12-2007

subsystem79 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation DRIVER NEEDED: TEAC America DW-224E in a Toshiba A20 Notebook PC (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

This drive will play DVD's but nothing else, I have reinstalled the Universal Windows Driver for this device and tried a ton of diffrent CD's, from software to CDRW's and nothing works... The drive will spin up and flash for a few seconds then... Nothing... but if i put a DVD in the drive... It works great. I Tried to find a Driver for this device but I keep find that windows XP Pro does not need a driver for this device. second off... I have had this problem before a few years ago... and i reinstalled the system (because it was crashing and all kinds of problems) when i tried to Boot from the device... It works fine... it will read a bootable CD outside of windows, and will even install windows from the same drive... but in windows... it will not work... Like I said.. i have reinstalled the drivers and done everything in know to do... and nothing is work... I don't believe that there is anything wrong with the drive... but something is wrong with windows, and i don't know what.
Please Help!!!

Support Information:
Device Type: CD / DVD
Manufacturer: TEAC America
Model: DW-224E in a Toshiba A20 Notebook PC
Interface: SCSI
Operating System: Windows XP Professional
Age of Device: < 2 years old
FCCID:

Type of drive: cd-rw, dvd (rewriter &amp; dvd rom combo)
What recording software are you using?: Other (Other: Windows)

[url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=srch&sm=b&aax=&qa6=1030&qa5=3&qa7 =1500&dp=2&qm0=DW-224E+in+a+Toshiba+A20+Notebook+PC&jmd=and&fzz=d"]Find it on DriverGuide[/url] | [url="http://www.google.com/custom?client=pub-4727129938051271&forid=1&hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&flav=0001&sig=t06hRycrxd-fw_05&q=TEAC+America+CD+%2F+DVD++DW-224E+in+a+Toshiba+A20+Notebook+PC+Windows+XP+Profe ssional+"]Find it with Google[/url] | [url="http://members.driverguide.com/index.php?action=getinfo&companyid=1030"]Research manufacturer TEAC America[/url]
Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2007

Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: TEAC America DW-224E in a Toshiba A20 Notebook PC (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

I just went threw my CD case (Data, music and DVD's) All the DVD's work... and for some reason... all the BLACK CD's (completely black top and bottom) that i have worked... data and music.. including diffrent brands, but the regular cd's will not work... Not at all... any suggestions?
Old 04-15-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DRIVER NEEDED: TEAC America DW-224E in a Toshiba A20 Notebook PC (Windows XP Professional) [SCSI]

Were the disks (that can't be read by the Teac drive) burned in the same drive or were they burned on another drive? It's very common for this to occur if they were burned on another drive. I have 3 different drives and have found that they sometimes can't be read on a drive other than what they were created in. I don't understand your term "Black CD's" ... are you referring to color or brand? If color, I would not think that color is a factor over the type or brand. Are these type of disks included in the manufacturers recommended brand/type list? In guessing, I would tend to believe they are not the recommended type. Have you tried another brand like Memorex or Verbatim or Sony? I use those brands an never have any problems but if I use those el cheapos like found on eBay, I wind up throwing them all in the garbage can.

And yet again, notebook drives are noted as being trashy built drives. You may have to replace it.

Last edited by Jerry K : 04-15-2007 at 12:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2007

The Black CD's are Memmorex Black CD-r's, The Color is black... not the usual silver or clome bottom.. but black... the CD's say one them "Memorex, All Use Black CD-R Recordable Music Games Data, 40x 700mb 80min. these are the only CD's that will work... One of black memorex was not burned on any of my computers, and it still works... It will Read a standard DVD with no problems. but will NOT read any other data or music CD's.. include ones that are microsoft software or other game software. I have my Manufacture's CD that came with my Laptop that is a DVD format... Regular color... and it works. but nothing else. I had this problem one other time... and when i reinstalled the OS, Everything went back to normal and worked fine! I think that it is software or a driver based problem. The drive acts like it wants to read the CD, but then doesn't... it also lights up, to indicate a CD is in the drive, and it acts like it wants to read. but nothing Other than the black cd's and DVD's. Any Idea's?
Old 04-15-2007
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road

I'd suggest trying the "delete upper and lower filters fix" first. This will force the system to redetect/reinstall the drive and it's associated support. Has no effect on playing dvd disks, only for reading data or music disk support.

There's dozens of posts in this section that detail how to do this or you can get the info from Microsoft site as well.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]