DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 02-28-2008

Alphapotent is on a distinguished road
Question BEFORE I purchase a paid membership...

...I need to know if this site is really better than the other sites that offer scans and drivers. The other sites offer drivers anyone with any technical sense could find on their own. I need drivers that aren't sitting upfront on a manufacturers or chipset providers website...particularly for a few HP Debranded machines I have purchased for a client.

I already have the 3rd party chipset drivers from the manufactures and they don't completely work. The problem seems to be that the ASUS motherboards HP uses are slightly tweeked for HP. And, of course, how silly of me to think that, HP would carry these drivers..because they don't...and they aren't even old machines!

The supplier is even having problems because they send me the same 3rd party drivers I have already found!

Now I have heard that it is possible in this situation that the .inf files can be tweeked to work but I have not found out much more than that as of yet.

Can a moderator offer some pre-sales support to explain what this site could offer me in regaurds to the situation I find myself in now?

Thank you!
Sponsored Links

Old 02-29-2008
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
Default Re: BEFORE I purchase a paid membership...

This is a pretty much help-yourself website. That's how it was designed. If you get stuck, we will try to help but you have already "seen the light, so to speak". If the mb maker doesn't offer support and the vendor doesn't offer support (and it isn't posted on driverguide.com......

Motherboard makers build boards, but they don't always support all the boards they build. Same can go for the vendor. Another reason to buy only products that are fully supported by the maker or vendor. Sometimes spending a nickel to save a dime isn't always the best route to follow.

Last edited by Jerry K : 08-04-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 02-29-2008

Alphapotent is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: BEFORE I purchase a paid membership...

Thanks for the candor. I was hoping I would find a little net gem to make the too good to be true deal work out.
Old 03-06-2008

bleem is on a distinguished road
Question Re: BEFORE I purchase a paid membership...

Quote:
I already have the 3rd party chipset drivers from the manufactures and they don't completely work. The problem seems to be that the ASUS motherboards HP uses are slightly tweeked for HP. And, of course, how silly of me to think that, HP would carry these drivers..because they don't...and they aren't even old machines!

Asus boards in these hp machines are manufactured slightly different to the normal boards...but with regards to chipset drivers, then why would you need to tweak them??

The chipset drivers that came supplied with the pc...or on the hp website would suffice..
By saying they dont really work..what are you supposing??

What is it that you are actually having difficulties with.. The only thing you cant do with these boards so to speak is use a different bios to unlock more features...(unless you seek out a replacement bios chip)...Ive been there before....everything else is pretty standard, so cant understand why youre at a loss
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]