DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > For Techs Only > Tech-to-Tech

Old 12-18-2007

cdwc is on a distinguished road
Question Easy Access Buttons

HI
on my laptop,an Iqon lm1w(Everex stepnote lm7we)i have 3 easy access buttons or hardware buttons:1 with a fan symbol and of which i have no idea what it does or if it is working,1 with an info symbol which is working and launches firefox and 1 with a radio symbol to switch on or off the wireless radio and this one does not work at all.
this results that i can not switch on or use the wireless.i have the correct drivers for the built in wireless and so,in the bios there are no settings to switch this on either.
The combination FN+F2 or any other combination of the F keys does not do anything either.
The manufacturers(Iqon and Everex) suggested that i should reinstal the keyboard driver(kbc.exe) but that did not help either.
Is there a way to tamper a bit with the registry to switch on the wireless?
my question is:under what category do these 'easy acces buttons' fall and what driver do i use for it to get them back to work and is there a way to tamper a bit with the registry to switch on the wireless?
i used the driverguide toolkit wich is very good but it did not gave me the info i was looking for.
The wireless is a built Intel Pro wireless 2200bg
regards
Christian

Last edited by cdwc : 12-19-2007 at 10:28 PM.
Sponsored Links

Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]