DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP

Old 03-02-2005
chhoton

Exclamation Problem with operating system

I have Windows 98 in C:\ dirve and Windows XP Professional, Version 2002 in D:\ drive with Lan card internet connection. My problem is whenever I have logged in to Windows XP, after a few minutes a message appears "Your machine will be shutdown. Please save all unsaved works. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM. The system process D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe terminated unexpectedly with status code: 1073741819." And start reverse counting of time for 1 minute and after that my machine gets rebooted. Can anyone please clarify me the problem and suggest remedy for it?
Sponsored Links

Old 03-02-2005
Tinno

Thumbs up Suspect Sasser Virus

This issue is a strong symptom of the Sasser virus.
A quick work around (to allow you to upload the patch to your system)
As soon as your system has rebooted, get a command prompt up, and wait.
type in, but do not hit enter the following command shutdown -a (shutdown is an inbuilt command in XP) the -a parameter at the end stand for abort.
As soon as you get the message flash up on your screen that your system is being shutdown, click back on the Dos box, and now hit enter. this will abort the viral shutdown.
1) use windows update, or at least check windows regularly for updates.
2) ensure all accounts have passwords set, and make sure they are strong. (over 7 characters, with a mixture of uppercase, lowercase and numbers)
3) Install a firewall on your system, or at the very least enable the windows firewall (I use Zone alarm from [url]www.zonelabs.com[/url]. free and VERY good)
4) get some antivirus software (do a search for AVG. its not brilliant but it is free and it's better than nothing.)

If you are worried about forgetting your password, (set under control panel and user accounts) you can creat a password recovery disk for each user account. I strongly recommend that you carry this out.

Next free piece of software you need is from [url]www.lavasoft.de[/url] (NOT.DOM)
This is adaware SE and is probably one of the best spyware killers around.
Hope this helps some
Old 03-11-2005
Chhoton

Default Thanks for suggestion

Dear Tinno,
Many thanks for ur suggession. Ur 'shutdown -a' suggession works nicely. But this command also remove the shutdown command from the Start menu. I have to shutdown my computer manually by pressing the power button. Please suggest me some more indication of Sassar virus, because I can't understand whether it is virus effected or any system problem. When I have first time installed Windows XP and connected to internet through Lan card, that problem did not arise. But after using the automatic udates of Windows XP that problem starts. I am going to install Zonal alarm firewall. In fact I will format my whole drive and again install Windows XP with firewall & antivirus. But I fear if again the same problem starts. So I want to know actual reason of the problem. Please suggest me some more clarification on this problem. Once again thanks for ur suggession.
Old 07-07-2006

Snowwolf is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Problem with operating system

that prob is from SASSER virus. get the removal tool from Symantec or other Anti virus company. then PATCH up your system. The other alternative is to leave that system off the network making it a standalone system.
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]