DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Imaging (scanners, digital cameras, ...)

Old 08-08-2006

Dunhill is on a distinguished road
Question Re: Scanjet 6100C hardware problem?

Jerry,

I noticed something when I checked the scsi card configuration. In the bios on the card the irq=10 & port=d800h. In Win XP device mgr, card properties say irq=22 & port=d800-d8ff.

Is this ok?

Dunhill
Sponsored Links

Old 08-09-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Scanjet 6100C hardware problem?

"In the bios on the card the irq=10 & port=d800h."

I don't understand this sentence... it looks incomplete like you didn't tell anything about it. Are you saying the jumpers on the actual card are set to the above settings but what shows in Device Manager is different? I would tend to think that both need to match.
Old 08-10-2006

Sorry for any confusion.

The adaptec aha-2930cu does not have jumpers, there is a firmware bios on the card. During the hardware boot up, you can access the configuration utility on the card by pressing "Ctrl+A". However, the interrupt and port are informational and not changeable. (irq 10/port d800h)

The information in device mgr seems to be unchangeable too. (irq 22/port d800h-d8ff)

I that make it a little clearer.

dunhill
Old 08-10-2006
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Scanjet 6100C hardware problem?

I use a AHA-2940 and I can change the irq and i/o setting... it's done with software or rather access to the bios setup by CTRL+A as yours does. I don't understand why it would be informational and not changable as yours does. Are you scrolling down to the line you wish to change then pressing enter to see the choices from which you can select? I can with the 2940 card. This is a new one to me... got me puzzled too. I'll do some more research and post if I can find an answer.
Old 08-10-2006

Default Re: Scanjet 6100C hardware problem?

Thanks Jerry
Old 09-15-2006

Mandokar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Scanjet 6100C hardware problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunhill
My scanner, which has been working for years, suddenly began hanging on initialization. I thought it was software/driver problem. However, I now think maybe it's a hardware problem.

I completely uninstalled HP software/driver & MS Ofc doc imaging software, leaving only Win XP "Scanner and Camera Wizard". The scanner responds with light coming on and completes it's "process" after about 10 mins. yielding a totally "black" output.

Anybody with scanner hardware knowledge, have any ideas? I really liked this scanner.

Dunhill

Hi,

Scann will display the image completely black if the issue is with the scanner hardware or with the power module.

To isolate the issue, try connecitng another power module and also scan from the scanner and camera wizard listed in the Control Panel of your computer.

Regards

Mandokar
Old 09-15-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandokar
Hi,

Scann will display the image completely black if the issue is with the scanner hardware or with the power module.

To isolate the issue, try connecitng another power module and also scan from the scanner and camera wizard listed in the Control Panel of your computer.

Regards

Mandokar

Mandokar -

Thanks for your response.
I definitely believe this is a scanner hardware issue, since I setup another machine with another scsi adapter and got the same problem.

Since the Scanjet 6100C connect directly to house current. The "power module" you refer to , is this an internal scanner component?

Also, I have removed HP software and MS Ofc Imaging. I am using only the "scanner and camera" wizard in control panel to scan.

Dunhill
Reply [Upload Driver/Firmware]