DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

DriverGuide Forums

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Operating System Forums > Windows XP

Old 06-27-2004
kungfukid

help!!!!
i m having exactly the same problem as u guys, the only thing is that, even if i tried to reboot my com from windows setup CD-rom, it would just get back to the same screen saying that missing file windows\system32\config\system.
Basically, i can't do anything on it. of course, i had changed the boot sequence to boot from CD Rom from BIOS.
any help will be appreciated, tq!!!
Sponsored Links

Old 06-27-2004
Unregistered

Default Same problem

I have the same problem and tried Don's way but it won't let me copy the folder, .... says COPY does not support directory duplication or something like that .......

I dunno what to do next .....
Old 06-28-2004
Unregistered

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
If that doesn't work, there is the next step....the hard way.

Thank you!
Old 06-29-2004
angel

Default now what

I followed the instructions and windows works but now all my drivers are gone, VGA, video card, iTunes, printer, wireless card, everything is gone. Is there another file that might have these?
Old 06-30-2004
Unregistered

Default config/system problem solved but now asking for a password

Dear All

I had the same problem with a corrupt or missing system.ini file this morning. I fixed it by loading windows in another drive partition and then copying the system files across to C. The problem is that the new installation wanted to log me in as Administrator and demanded a password. It was a new installation and had not asked me for a password (or a user name, that I can remember). Anyway, nothing works to get past this (I tried entering a blank password, a random password and then a couple of comments about the Bill Gates's mother - it returned something about an account restriction; then I tried entering different user names, including guest and user. It thought about these for a while then refused access). I was able to boot with the Windows disk a couple of times and go into the repair function, using the original (C drive) Windows, but when I tried to boot from C: I got a pop-up window saying something about lsass and an error while attempting to change the password. Clicking OK simply rebooted. Now I can't even use the Repair function, because whichever installation of Windows I try to log into, it asks for this mysterious Administrator password.

What do I do?

Caspar
Old 06-30-2004
Unregistered

Default easy fix

There is an easy solution to this problem. I too have encountered the search for the "administrator" password. Luckily, someone has written a program to edit the registry so that you can edit the password manually to this mysterious administrator accoutn, adn make it whatever you want. The site is

[url]http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/[/url]

Although you may be a bit skeptical, I have used this program many times on XP, 2000, and NT. IT DOES WORK. The only thing to note, is that you should not be intimidated by the instructions. All the defaults will work, even though you have strange looking options.

Let me know if this helps. My email is [email]noemailaddys@allowed.com[/email]
Old 06-30-2004
Unregistered

Default quck fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bbette
please help,

i borrowed a friends laptop and now when windows xp tries to load it says missing or corrupt file windows\system32\config\system and to try to repair it. can anyone help me repair this? i have a windowsxp home disk and can get into the repair program, but i cant seem to fix the problem. Desperately need help....B0bbette

boot from cd, press R to repair. select option 1 windows, at the windows prompt type FIXBOOT. this usually works for this problem and takes only a couple of minutes.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]