DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Hardware Forums > Audio & Multimedia

Old 11-29-2010

EricWilliamA is on a distinguished road
Default problems with sound

I recently reformated one of my pcs hdd thought I had everythign set up properly but alas no sound >_<

running the directx diagnostic tests i get this errror message:

Error: Problem getting extra sound info, result code = 0x8878000a. (the request failed because direct sound resources such as priority level, were already in use by another caller)

well it certainly didn't do that before, onboard sound etc is all disabled so I don't think it's conflicting there.

the card is an Ambient technologies HaM serial Wave Device. and Im using a Syntax SV266A Mainboard. before the reformat it was working fine.

If anyone can help then thankyou in advance

Last edited by Jerry K : 04-17-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Sponsored Links

Old 11-29-2010
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: problems with sound

If you have sound disabled in bios setup, naturally you're not going to have sound..... unless you install a sound card or enable the on-board sound. You can't run both.

Sometimes it's not the driver that causes the problem but rather the order in which they are installed. I've never had any problems with drivers on my Dell Dimension 9100. After installing the OS, install the video driver, next is the motherboard chipset drivers, the HD Microsoft UAA driver from your motherboard or system maker or from the Microsoft website, then audio, then modem, then LAN or WLAN. The HD MS audio is tricky (and effects both the sound and modem) and must be installed in the order listed above or you may have problems such as you describe.

I'd just reinstall any drivers that are not currently working... you can tell the one's that don't work by looking in Device Manager. Any flagged devices just reinstall the driver in the order listed above. Or you can simply format the hard drive and start over from scratch. It's much easier and quickest method to get strange problems fixed.

And if I catch you trying to sneak those little advertising links and general spamming links into the bottom of your posts again (like you have done on 2 other posts), I will ban you permanently!. Last warning! This site does not allow such spamming/advertising / product or service promotion crap. Take it elsewhere.
Old 04-17-2012

PC Taser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: problems with sound

I think you need to install the driver CD or do repair in the windows and check with the driver CD.
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]