DriverGuide
English Português Español Deutsch Français 中国 Italiano 日本語 Translate

Go Back   Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums > Computer Software Forums > Viruses, Spyware, Adware, and other nasties

Old 07-03-2005
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Free Online Virus Scanners

Trend Micro Housecall

BitDefender On-Line Visus Scan

Panda ActiveScan

eTrust Antivirus Web Scanner

StopSign Free Virus Scanner (note: scans only, will not remove without paying fee)

If any virus infected files are found (during or on completion of a scan) then choose DELETE from the menu. If the program cannot delete any files reporting it can't delete the file because it's in use, write down the names of each infected file, then exit and reboot your pc in safe mode.

Restart pc and during bios loading, press (or tap) the F8 key until you see a boot menu appear on your screen. Select Safe Mode, then press Enter. Log in as Adminstrator,(you do remember your Administrater password right?) then use Windows Explorer to look for the file manually or use the SEARCH feature (in the Start Menu) to scan for it. Once located just delete the file(s) (found in the online virus scan detection program) by right-clicking, then left-click delete.

Now re-boot back into Normal Mode. If you get on-screen error messages indicating the file you deleted cannot be found, then you have to use the registry editor (regedt32 for XP), then scan for filenames by clicking on FIND, and delete (DEL key) what the scan finds in regedit. Warning... be careful when using regedit (regedt32 in XP). Sometimes you have to right click a key, then click MODIFY, then remove only the particular filename especially if the key contains multiple filenames. You don't want to delete file names that aren't mentioned in the virus scans. Doing so can cause the system to fail bootup or produce other on-screen errors messages during bootup.

Last edited by Jerry K : 09-16-2006 at 05:47 AM.
Sponsored Links

Old 07-04-2005
Constance

Default Re: Free Online Virus Scanners

May I suggest another one ? ^^

Here : http://virusscan.jotti.org/ is a web site where you can upload one file at a time to scan it for viruses with several antiviruses.
Can be useful to check a file which came with an e-mail from a friend that you wish to execute (the file, not the friend )...
Old 04-24-2007

VHSmustdie is on a distinguished road

Jerry:
I have another one for you: www.infectedornot.com which is owned by Panda Software
Old 09-13-2008

brianhopkin is on a distinguished road

wow thankz guys
Old 04-17-2012

PC Taser is on a distinguished road

I think you can get a Avast also for free which I used and it is reliable.
Old 12-07-2012
Super Moderator

Jerry K is on a distinguished road
idea Re: Free Online Virus Scanners

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC Taser
I think you can get a Avast also for free which I used and it is reliable.

The Avast Online Scanner can be found here: http://onlinescan.avast.com/
Closed Thread [Upload Driver/Firmware]