Free Drivers Download  | Request and Support Forums

Free Drivers Download | Request and Support Forums (http://forums.driverguide.com/index.php)
-   Controllers (IDE, SCSI, IEEE1394, ...) (http://forums.driverguide.com/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP (http://forums.driverguide.com/showthread.php?t=28415)

robin23 05-30-2007 09:57 PM

Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP

Good afternoon, I have a Gateway MT6705 notebook, it is sold whit Windows Vista installed. Since Vista is useless for me at this moment, I'm trying to instal XP, but I'm having problems to find the SATA drivers:

Gateway MT6705
Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows Vista Home

Processor IntelŪ PentiumŪ Dual-Core Mobile Processor T2060
1.6 GHz | 1 MB L2 Cache | 533 MHz FSB

Chipset IntelŪ 943GML

Hard drive 120 GB 5400 RPM SATA hard drive WD1200BEVS

I got from this page the Western Digital drivers, Serial ATA Serial ATA RAID Controller Drivers, I stored in a floppy, inserted the Win XP Cd, hit the F6 key as recommended, then when I specified the SATA drivers from the floppy, it seemed to go ok, but when the cd prompts the ENTER KEY to setup XP, a message appeared saying that it was impossible tp find a hard drive.

I got the process from this link

[url]http://www.mysuperpc.com/build/pc_sata_install_windows_operating_system.shtml[/url]

Do I need any extra SATA driver, I mean more than one?

pg64159 06-20-2007 08:58 PM

Re: Gateway MT6705 notebook, looking for SATA drivers for windows XP

Hi
Did anyone reply to you? I have the SAME laptop with the SAME problem (downgrading to XP on GTWY MT6705 laptop)...I cannot find the SATA drivers..IF i do get the driver files, will they work on a flash usb drive, as I do NOT have a FLOPPY DRIVE on the laptop??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,

pg64159

MikeDavisTx 06-27-2007 07:59 PM

You can download the SATA drivers from Intel. Look for the 32 floppy configuration utility. Run it on a computer that has a floppy drive and then open the disk and save the files to the hard drive. Then get nLite and slipstream them in as Text mode and only select the Mobile drivers (don't really know which one it is exactly) Then you will be good to go. I am currently formatting my Laptop drive right now getting it ready with XP :) If you dont' have access to a computer with a floppy i guess i could e-mail the files to anyone (consider this a last resort).

RaulV 06-29-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeDavisTx
You can download the SATA drivers from Intel. Look for the 32 floppy configuration utility. Run it on a computer that has a floppy drive and then open the disk and save the files to the hard drive. Then get nLite and slipstream them in as Text mode and only select the Mobile drivers (don't really know which one it is exactly) Then you will be good to go. I am currently formatting my Laptop drive right now getting it ready with XP :) If you dont' have access to a computer with a floppy i guess i could e-mail the files to anyone (consider this a last resort).

Can you send me the files?? i really don't have access to a floppy drive :( :hail:

shaggywhite 07-10-2007 05:13 PM

I have video drivers, network drivers and wireless card drivers for the MT6705. I also have instructions on how to install SATA drivers(I just did it to my laptop) Driver link on the next page by the way

shaggywhite 07-10-2007 08:21 PM

I have also solved the audio problems and SM Bus Controller problem. the only driver needed now is the modem on high definition audio, but it's not a big deal since the audio is working

Jerry K 07-11-2007 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaggywhite
I have video drivers, network drivers and wireless card drivers for the MT6705. I also have instructions on how to install SATA drivers(I just did it to my laptop) email me for info. [email]no.email.addys@allowed.com[/email]

no email addys allowed. If you want everyone to know how to do this procedure, post the info in this thread.